As an artist I often see and look for shadows as a guide.
These are some of the ways in which I find them helpful in life and in my art.
- They can help create form.
- They add an opportunity to explore the power of color.
- They can shelter me from the sun and heat.
- They can block direct sunlight from my palette and canvas so that I can see better.
- Sometimes they guide me to move.
- They can influence my perception of the present.
- They can help me express and make a point more clearly.
- At times I can see through them and learn something.
- They always change and are dynamic.
- Without them I have a hard time gauging true light.